MARRIAGE AND FAMILY THERAPY INTERN
YWCA Monterey County
* Bilingual (Spanish) preferred;
* BBS registration required;
* Demonstrated success in domestic violence counseling with children and adults;
* Understanding of parent education and demonstrated success in teaching adults;
* Ability to work collaboratively with other agencies;
* Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills;
* Ability to relate well to diverse individuals and lifestyles;
* Valid California driver’s license, proof of insurance, and reliable personal transportation;
* Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet and data management;
* Willingness to participate in agency-paid training and professional development opportunities;
* Completion of 40-hour domestic violence training program, in accordance with California Evidence Code 1037(we can provide training, if needed)
* Plans and implements counseling programs for child victim witnesses of domestic violence and their custodial parents;
* Maintains confidential records and provides data for program reports.
1. Provides goal-focused, strength-based trauma therapy to women and children victim/witnesses of domestic violence;
2. Provides case management, maintains accurate records, and provides data for reports;
3. Makes referrals when additional therapy is needed;
4. Maintains building security after business hours - locks doors, arms alarm system;
5. Attends staff meetings and community events, as requested;
6. Performs other duties as requested.
SALARY RANGE: 20.00/hour
SEND COVER LETTER, RESUME, AND THREE REFERENCES TO: Rosa Lucio, LMFT, Clinical Services Director, YWCA Monterey County, 236 Monterey Street, Salinas, CA 93901; firstname.lastname@example.org.
EEO Policy Statement: It is the policy of the YWCA Monterey County to afford equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state or local law.